Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Asian Ginger Dressing Recipe

Asian food is my favorite genre. In particular I enjoy Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamenese, Korean and Thai food so living right here in Korea is right up my alley. Problem is - I've never really made Asian food.


With this in mind I searched yum recipes on Pinterest, made a list and headed to the grocery store (which, by the way, is now only a short 200 yards away). I filled the basket with ingredients like cocunut milk, fresh ginger, rice wine vinegar, soy, and sesame oil.


I'll share the great (and not so great) moments and recipes here. To kick off the series tonight I made a rare Ahi Tuna, jasmine rice and a salad. The Romano basil or light ranch in the fridge wasn't going to jive with the Asian theme so I experimented until I had a dressing very similar to the dressing Hibachi grills / Asian restaurants use. It was good... actually, it was really-really good! Here's the visual recipe.




And the finished product (actually, it really was about half-finished when I remembered to take a quick pic).

No comments:

Post a Comment